Vacancy: Program Director
Job Summary: The Program Director (Head of Mission) will have the overall responsibility for implementation of programs in rural communities, as well as financial management, fundraising, and coordination with development partners and the local government.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing the office with 3-4 other permanent staff and 2-3 international and local volunteers.
- Managing livelihood and peace-building projects in 10-20 rural communities in northern Uganda, entailing weekly field visits. The job will be about 50% office-based and 50% field-based.
- Overseeing the implementation of a new psychosocial support program for ex-combatants and war victims, in close collaboration with the program officer.
- Financial management, budgets, and cost control.
- Regular networking and outreach to other NGO partners, foundations, and other donors.
- Leading GRG’s monitoring, evaluation and learning system, providing regular reporting for internal learning, donors, and others.
- Working on grant proposals and fundraising activities.
- Setting up GRG projects in new locations.
- Supporting the design of projects and methodologies for field engagement.
- Supporting GRG’s communications strategy including blogging, video uploads, etc.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- At least 2-3 years of experience with project management in a developing country (preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa), preferably with a background in conflict resolution and international development.
- High degree of self-motivation and proven ability to work independently.
- Project management skills, particularly on international development, livelihoods, and peace-building projects
- Good cross-cultural communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Knowledge of sustainable development issues and conflict resolution
- Grassroots community mobilization experience a plus.
- Knowledge of northern Uganda a plus.
- Excellent networker
- Proven fundraising experience, in particular on grants.
- Knowledge of multi-media, including web design, blogging, etc a plus
Please see attached job advertisement for qualifications, submission information and further details.
Full Job Description: Program Director Vacancy 2014
Deadline: June 30, 2014
How to apply: All interested applicants should send a CV/resume and cover letter to Kasper Agger, GRG cofounder at email@example.com.
GRG is always open to considering internship proposals. We are interested in hearing from individuals with knowledge and skills in post-conflict settings, dealing with counselling and trauma support, livelihoods or reconciliation. GRG is keen to tailor internships to best harness the skills and interests of the individual, so if you believe that your skills can be of benefit to the team, please send an email of inquiry to our team in Gulu at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
GRG will also consider proposals from researchers or research institutions.